Thanks so much for your e-mails, Facebook posts and Instagram Testimonials! I appreciate you taking a leap to try out my courses.
Here’s what real florists had to say about my courses:
“…your flower math course, email template and faster proposal courses have been the most helpful tools I could ever ask for. I have learned so much from these courses alone, it has been imperative to my confidence and ability to bring in a profit.” -Jay
“I took your flower math course a year ago and it’s totally changed my business.” -Kasey
I have just spent my morning enjoying your tutorials and loving your course templates….
I just have to say that I have been hating proposals for five years now because I put so much work and detail into them. Your templates have inspired me to just simplify and I love it!
I tried a bridal software program last week and it ended up being more work for a result that I was unhappy with.
Staying inspired and growing as a designer and a company has been so much easier with websites and facebook pages such as yours. It has encouraged me to keep seeking ways to get better and grow as an artist and business person. Thank you for all you do and much success in the coming year!” -Allison Schrade
“Just a quick THANK YOU to Alison as your videos and templates have helped me immensely in streamlining my client workflow – this client only contacted me a few days ago and we met yesterday – I had her proposal to her in a couple of hours (used to take me 2-3 weeks!) and this morning I got this [confirmation e-mail!].
Working alone can be isolating and means I have to work hard and be alert to stay forward in my skills, so having your advice (and this community) is huge.
-Chantelle (posted in the Facebook group)
“Just downloaded the 12 email templates, wedding workflow, and how to write proposals that sell…..ALISON! You are the flower fairy god mother we all needed! Information overload! Do it guys;)”
-Melissa Denise (review from Facebook)
Best Price: SAVE 10% OFF a Bundle HERE.
Flower Math Reviews:
“Dear Alison, just finished your math course and wanted to thank you! In 20 years in floral business no one ever told me the real way they priced flowers… In NY I visited flower shops and noticed the way they picked flowers from the cooler automatically…. I don’t know how I did it all this time… I’ve been having profits but wasn’t certain I was charging correctly most of the time…. Your course gave me confidence and certainty to keep doing and believing in fair business practices! Thank you so much again!
-Flower Math Alumni
“I’ve been trying to explain to my team for a couple of years that we needed to build a design fee into the cost of our flowers and the deigns.
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your Cheat Sheet. I’ll be taping a laminated copy of this to our workroom walls…to turn our business profits around…Your explanations are clear and precise for the creative, I’ve been in the industry a very long time and plan on continuing & you have given me a boost to return to the shop this year and not feel guilty charging what we’re worth.”
-Lyndal, The Flower Dispensary, Australia
“I was very pleased with the content of the course. I loved the simplicity of your recipes. I struggle with those at times. I would recommend it to any start up florist or flower farmer. I actually did recommend to a local flower farmer.” -Flower Math Alumni
“Man do I wish I had used them earlier…sent off all my latest proposals using your email templates and 3 from 3 have come back before the expiry date in acceptance!! [You’re] a floral super star Alison thank you so so much for the time and effort you put back into the industry.” -Casey (from Facebook)
“I just used your lowest price template, and [the customer] upped her [budget] by $500!!! Whoop whoop!! I also just accepted another retainer using your template, so in your honour I’ll put both towards Flower Math.” -Larissa
“Your info is so easy to understand and super helpful! Thank you for doing what you do!” -@cvilleblooms on Instagram
Find a full list of courses HERE! (including FREE courses.)
Here’s how floral designers responded to a survey after completing Flower Math…
- That it is very helpful and worth the investment.
- That they will learn how to profit a higher percentage per wedding.
- That all of the techniques of pricing /ordering /recipe building are very easy to apply. It will give you the confidence to price appropriately.
- The point I have written in bold with stars is “I deserve the design fee”…Very easy to follow…but it was not boring at all. Kept my attention all the way through.
- Embrace it.
- [Flower Math] exceeded my expectations…the pep talks, and the real life examples were worth the investment.
- It met it’s expectations and did what it promised. I learned a new way of making proposals, which I love.
- I love it. Met my expectations and gave me extra as in a personal boost not just a business boost.
- The real life examples and the encouragement.
- I liked that everything was made very clear…I am Irish and was worried about translation, but it was perfect. Loved the mix of text and video along with wedding breakdowns [Flower Math] was excellent.
- The wedding examples.
- Of course! To anyone who is trying to get their flower business off and running. Why, I like having a standard formula (no more second guessing myself) and this is an area of this business that is seldom taught.
- Definitely! I see a lot of florists wondering how to make money and how much to charge – I would recommend it to anyone starting out in the industry.
- Yes, especially to at-home florist with little (or no) prior experience. Not only does the course answer practical questions of pricing, Alison does a great job of giving the big picture, encouraging that you can and should fit into the industry at large.
Question: Do you feel more confident about how to price your design work after completing Flower Math?
- Most definitely. I have three proposals to do this afternoon and they are getting the flower math treatment.
- Yes!…Through the video Alison was able to convey a camaraderie with her message that made me feel like I was sitting down to coffee with a mentor. For some reason I needed that personal touch more than academic facts to stick with the formula and not “tweak” numbers to make myself more comfortable.
- Mainly the cost. But I thought, if I can learn how to make the extra money that the course cost me, then it paid for itself.
- I was afraid I didn’t have the time but I was wrong. Also, I do not like sitting in front of a computer for long.
A fellow Chapel Designer said:
“I was so happy to have taken this class. It is very well done and clear. I really wanted more when it was done. Perhaps you have other classes brewing? The business side of this business is a challenge for many. You did a great job with this. Let me know if you do more!!”
More Flower Math Reviews…
Amy from Botanical Brouhaha said:
“I love that you clearly demonstrate that it is possible to have a profitable business working from home on a smaller scale…designers need to know that success and profitability can look a lot of different ways…this will be encouraging to a large number of designers. LOVE the real wedding examples. The designers are going to love this!”
And Blair of Sweet Blossoms says this:
“This class is perfect for anyone who is starting their own business, or for anyone who might need a refresher in the basics! Alison gives super-helpful tips and formulas on how to ensure that you are running your business with a really impressive profit margin. Users will appreciate the personal touch that Alison brings to each unit, as well as the real life examples that bring the lessons to life. This class is worth every penny and more!”
Floriography’s Christie McIntosh says:
“This course is like the missing subject in my initial floristry training course. Where my course skimmed over business details, Alison’s Flower Math bares all to give budding floral designers a completely transparent view of how to make money from their craft. If you haven’t had the chance to learn on the job from a ‘professional’, in a shop, or if you aren’t comfortable reaching out to a peer to ask the deep questions, this course is your answer. Alison spells it out, not only through concise videos, but also through a series of written lessons and cheat sheets. Nothing can be mistaken as she actually shares real weddings from start to finish – recipes, flower orders and invoices – removing the mystery from the game.
I’m Australian based and although this course is from the US, I feel it’s entirely relevant to our local market. If you’re worried about spending the money on this course, consider it the missing subject to your initial training, it’s a small price to pay for the huge benefit your business will receive.”
And Shannon of Flourish said:
“Loving Flower Math. I already knew how to mark up based on the “flower shop technique” but I felt like I was all over the place and not focused about how I was pricing my work. I love that I now have it all in one place I can refer to and utilize. Now I also feel like it is taking the guilt out of pricing flowers (I couldn’t charge THAT much for a hydrangea!). I can just tell myself, “According to the Flower Math that is what I need to charge!” ”