I’m Alison Ellis. I’ve been pursuing the art of the business of flowers for over 24 years.
I help florists refine their business practices to become more profitable, streamlined and professional with my online business courses and 1:1 strategy sessions.
For business owners who seek personalized guidance, I’m happy to offer one to one consultations to discuss the current state of your business and identify potential for your future growth. The advice you receive will be honest, actionable, and encouraging.
Strategy sessions are “private lessons” which give me the opportunity to learn more about you and your business in a one hour phone or Skype call.
I really do love to talk business, which is why speaking with a floralpreneur® one-on-one is one of my very favorite things to do.
What is a Strategy Session?
A Strategy Session is a one to one business chat, customized to address your specific small business concerns and answer your burning questions.
(Here are a few questions to help get you started: Strategy Session Questions.)
We tackle specific struggles or areas of uncertainty. It may be as simple as creating an action plan to streamline your booking process. Usually we talk about how to improve your sales pages & website presence.
Or, it may be something major, like finding ways to express your own personal voice in the flower biz. (Sometimes it’s hard to find that voice…it will come, though. Just keep doing your work.)
Who is it for?
You may already know if a strategy session is right for you, but here’s who’ll benefit most:
- Experienced designers who are at a cross-roads and need to make a big decision regarding a change in direction for their biz.
- Designers who have been struggling with the same uncertainties or doubts for 2 years or more.
- Designers who want to take fewer events and book more ideal clients.
- Designers who have experience, but have never had a mentor. Or have never worked in a shop. Or have never heard how florists talk to each other in the back-room. (Oh, we’re a rosy bunch.)
How does it work?
Each session is unique, but here’s the gist:
- First, you shoot me an e-mail (right here: email@example.com) to inquire about availability and share with me some of your burning questions. Start by answering these preliminary questions about your biz to help prompt you.
- Next, I’ll get back to you and we’ll arrange a time for our session. Assuming we’re a good fit, we’ll plan to speak for about an hour via Skype or phone where we’ll cover the issues that are of utmost importance for you to tackle. Or plan for. Or celebrate! (I’m all for giving props when props are due.)
- Then, I’ll check out your website before we speak and have a look around. (During our 1:1 session I can offer feedback and some thoughts on the “first impression”. Customers make decisions about you in less than a minute! Your website needs your love and care.)
- Finally, we’ll talk. I’ll take on as many of your burning questions as I can in 1 hour. We can discuss a list of action items and I’m happy to answer follow-up questions you may have.
*Action items will be things to add to your to-do list. (And things to add to your stop-doing list.)
One florist ended our coaching call by saying, “I’m motivated and tickled at once.” Well, that tickled me right back.
Strategy sessions are $249 for 1 hour.
In return I’ll invest my time and tender loving care into your biz.
Once we schedule a strategy session, you’ll receive an invoice via Paypal. Payment must be received at least 24 hours prior to our scheduled call.
Results are dependent upon YOUR involvement, so I cannot offer a money-back guarantee. However, I’m confident that our session will be productive and worthwhile.
If for any reason it turns out that we aren’t a good fit, or if I truly don’t feel I can be of significant service to you, I will refund 100% of your investment prior to our phone consultation. If I can point you toward someone who can help you, I’ll do that also.
I may decline a request for a session if a client isn’t a good fit at my sole/soul discretion. (This may be a gut decision.)
When do we start?
I’m currently scheduling up to 3 private sessions per month.
Evenings, weekends and business hours are available. I’m in Vermont so I’m on Eastern Standard Time. No matter where you are in the world, we can make it work.
Sessions are limited during my wedding season, of course.
It’s Easy To Get Started:
Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability.
I’ve been asked by designers to be a “mentor” and while I’d like to think of myself as waaay too young to be a mentor, the truth is, after 24 years in the floral industry I am in fact, “old enough”.
I’m available to chat about any questions you may have. You can certainly feel free to contact me with any preliminary questions you may have for me. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to hear from you.
Need longer-term coaching & accountability?
6-month coaching programs are available to qualified florists. Coaching programs start at $1,500.