Do you spend too much time writing proposals before a client books?
HERE’S THE TRUTH…
Pictures on every line item = Too much detail
Descriptions of what’s in every bouquet = Too much detail
3 Pages of financial breakdowns on labor, supplies and taxes = Too much detail
Takeaways from today’s chat:
- Schedule the time to start writing the quote.
- Use a template. Don’t start from scratch. (However, consider how much information is too much?)
- Set an expiration date. (Click here for more on this: Should you set an expiration date?)
- See additional resources below to help you book clients more quickly!
Today’s chat was inspired by a question that was asked in my Facebook group last week: Does anyone outsource their proposals?
I know that writing proposals can be a chore, but a good proposal is what helps you CLOSE THE SALE and that’s why it’s important to manage that “in house”!
Last week, I wrote 3 proposals and booked all 3 new clients! (2 of them accepted my quote within 5 minutes of receiving it! The other booked within 1 day.)
Then, this week, I got 2 new inquiries, sent out both proposals and already got another “yes” in less than 24 hours!
So whether it’s you (the owner) writing the proposal or a trusted employee, it’s part of your sales process and you should have systems in place for getting it done quickly.
I hope today’s tips are helpful to you the next time you sit down to write a proposal for a new client!
Want direct answers to your questions on booking clients and closing the sale?
Become a Patreon Member HERE to get the 3 Key To Booking Great Clients.
As soon as you join you’ll get instant access to ask me anything plus dozens of my best behind-the-scenes booking strategies.
It’s like an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet of tips to close more sales and lead the client to “yes”.
You’ll get my best booking strategies including:
- All the steps I take before booking a wedding
- How to prescreen with a phone consultation (Including a transcript of a REAL consultation so you can be like a fly on the wall!)
- Up close and personal tutorials on booking GREAT clients
- Answers to your questions–I create monthly lessons that answer YOUR specific questions
It all takes place inside my Patreon membership where I offer multiple tiers of access starting at just $3. The higher the tier, the more that comes with it, of course. You can choose what works best for your business goals and budget and can cancel anytime. There is no commitment when you sign up!
Want to see how I write wedding proposals without sharing too much detail?
How To Write Proposals That Sell is a downloadable pdf that shows you how I write wedding proposals and book clients within 7-10 days.
*Plus you’ll get 2 Bonus Videos that show you:
- 3 Quick & Easy Ways To Make Mood Boards…
- How I Present A Quote Without Coming In Over Budget…
This course walks you through my booking process, so that you can build a wedding proposal without giving away too much detail before you’re under deposit.
“I have been hating proposals for five years now because I put so much work and detail into them. Your templates have inspired me to just simplify and I love it!”