Alison Ellis, founder of realflowerbusiness.com and creator of Flower Math, is a floral designer and educator who teaches florists around the world how to increase their income and have more freedom in your business.
With over 25 years experience, Alison has helped thousands of florists via her online business courses, private & group coaching, and free video trainings. She is available for live or virtual workshops and speaking engagements and has been invited to teach at the Chapel Designers Workshop, The Floral Reserve, Koehler & Dramm, British Florist Association, & The Floral Source.
- I took my first floral class at age 10.
- Got my first job as a florist at a flower cart at age 16.
- Trained in flower shops from 1994-2003.
- Opened my own home-studio business, Floral Artistry, in 2002.
- Sent my first guest blog post to FlirtyFleurs.com in 2011.
- Started making educational videos for florists in 2014 to add to those guest posts!
- Created my first course, Flower Math, in 2015 to help florists learn to make more money.
- Released a series of “done-for-you” templates and courses in 2016.
- Started this super sweet free Facebook group for florists in 2016.
- Started guest speaking/teaching workshops in Spring 2018.
- Recently featured on some pretty cool floral podcasts, 2019-present.
“…your flower math course,email template and faster proposal courses have been the most helpful tools I could ever ask for. I have learned so much from these courses alone, it has been imperative to my confidence and ability to bring in a profit.” -Jay
“Man do I wish I had used them earlier…sent off all my latest proposals using your email templates and 3 from 3 have come back before the expiry date in acceptance!! [You’re] a floral super star Alison thank you so so much for the time and effort you put back into the industry.” -Casey (from Facebook)
“Your courses have been a game changer for me especially the sales based courses…I like that I have new found confidence in my wedding pricing and that I am not afraid to turn down work that is below my minimum…I’m 100% happy with everything [I bought]…I often suggest that florists purchase your materials on the facebook group and to my florist friends…”
-Michelle, Chartreuse Flower Works
“I have just spent my morning enjoying your tutorials and loving your course templates…
I just have to say that I have been hating proposals for five years now because I put so much work and detail into them. Your templates have inspired me to just simplify and I love it!…
Staying inspired and growing as a designer and a company has been so much easier with websites and facebook pages such as yours. It has encouraged me to keep seeking ways to get better and grow as an artist and business person. Thank you for all you do…”
“I’ve been given a roadmap for business success that will be a baseline for my future growth…
Alison has put her heart and her vast knowledge into [The Art Of Good Business]. She is open and supportive. Honest and kind. She will tell the truth. She is clear and concise. She is a bit of a genius and she’ll bring out the genius in you!…the inquiries started coming, I booked three clients and have two new prospects!”