Successful Flower Math Students Say…
“I took your Flower Math course a year ago and it’s totally changed my business.” -Kasey
Or choose a 2-payment plan HERE!
Or break it into 12 monthly payments HERE!
Testimonial on Flower Math:
“In one wedding I felt more confident in my pricing & made my money back on the purchase of the class. This really has been a game changer for me!!
I cannot thank you enough for putting out this course…the tools that you have provided [are] allowing me to confidently build my business’ infrastructure so that I CAN make a career out of this (and not only be a hobby florist).” -Susan of Wild Blume
Click to see a quick peek inside Flower Math below:
“Everything was straight forward,
I liked how you included [real] weddings that you had designed. For me, visuals are everything! Seeing photos, videos, and the formulas were so so helpful! Thank YOU for sharing this wonderful information for us designers who have been struggling with “Flower Math.”
-Cheryl of Twigs-n-Twine
This floralpreneur® tried “other courses”….
Nicole signed up for Flower Math on a Monday, and she wrote to me on Tuesday (Yes, just 1 day later!) to say…
“…I’ve taken a handful of courses…I really felt like I needed to invest in everything marketed to me before I could be considered legitimate. I took [3 “other” online courses for florists]… Even after all of that, it all seemed muddy. I told myself I’d give Flower Math a try and then no more courses.
“Dear Alison, just finished your math course and wanted to thank you! In 20 years in floral business no one ever told me the real way they priced flowers… In NY I visited flower shops and noticed the way they picked flowers from the cooler automatically…. I don’t know how I did it all this time… I’ve been having profits but wasn’t certain I was charging correctly most of the time…. Your course gave me confidence and certainty to keep doing and believing in fair business practices! Thank you so much again!
-Flower Math Alumni
“I’ve been trying to explain to my team for a couple of years that we needed to build a design fee into the cost of our flowers and the deigns.
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your Cheat Sheet. I’ll be taping a laminated copy of this to our workroom walls…to turn our business profits around…Your explanations are clear and precise for the creative, I’ve been in the industry a very long time and plan on continuing & you have given me a boost to return to the shop this year and not feel guilty charging what we’re worth.”
-Lyndal, The Flower Dispensary, Australia
“I was very pleased with the content of the course. I loved the simplicity of your recipes. I struggle with those at times. I would recommend it to any start up florist or flower farmer. I actually did recommend to a local flower farmer.” -Flower Math Alumni
Click HERE to check out a FREE preview of the course.
Here’s how floral designers responded to a survey after completing Flower Math:
- “I was worried I would purchase the course only to find it was information I already knew…After all I trained in three different flowers shops at different levels and all had different ways of running their business. However, you offered a few things that I did NOT know and/or information I hadn’t previously learned. Such as: A) The design fee standard percentage…That changes today! B) The cheat sheet- where has that been all of my life?? Mind blowing that we never used something like that in my shop days. That would have come in handy on so may occasions (hired help, seasonal price hikes, newbies, etc.) I suppose I have an advantage because learning to do the math for every single piece meant that my brain just “knew” even though to this day I still take it to pen a paper and check & double check again. Simply Brilliant! If ever I hire help those cheat sheets will be a huge help!”
Question: What’s the most important thing people should know about Flower Math?
- That it is very helpful and worth the investment.
- That they will learn how to profit a higher percentage per wedding.
- That all of the techniques of pricing /ordering /recipe building are very easy to apply. It will give you the confidence to price appropriately.
- The point I have written in bold with stars is “I deserve the design fee”…Very easy to follow…but it was not boring at all. Kept my attention all the way through.
- Embrace it.
- [Flower Math] exceeded my expectations…the pep talks, and the real life examples were worth the investment.
- It met its expectations and did what it promised. I learned a new way of making proposals, which I love.
- I love it. Met my expectations and gave me extra as in a personal boost not just a business boost.
Question: What did you like best about Flower Math?
- The real life examples and the encouragement.
- I liked that everything was made very clear…I am Irish and was worried about translation, but it was perfect. Loved the mix of text and video along with wedding breakdowns [Flower Math] was excellent.
- The wedding examples.
- Of course! To anyone who is trying to get their flower business off and running. Why, I like having a standard formula (no more second guessing myself) and this is an area of this business that is seldom taught.
- Definitely! I see a lot of florists wondering how to make money and how much to charge – I would recommend it to anyone starting out in the industry.
- Yes, especially to at-home florist with little (or no) prior experience. Not only does the course answer practical questions of pricing, Alison does a great job of giving the big picture, encouraging that you can and should fit into the industry at large.
Question: Do you feel more confident about how to price your design work after completing Flower Math?
- Most definitely. I have three proposals to do this afternoon and they are getting the flower math treatment.
- Yes!…Through the video Alison was able to convey a camaraderie with her message that made me feel like I was sitting down to coffee with a mentor. For some reason I needed that personal touch more than academic facts to stick with the formula and not “tweak” numbers to make myself more comfortable.
- Mainly the cost. But I thought, if I can learn how to make the extra money that the course cost me, then it paid for itself.
- I was afraid I didn’t have the time but I was wrong. Also, I do not like sitting in front of a computer for long.
More Flower Math Reviews…
Amy from Botanical Brouhaha said:
“I love that you clearly demonstrate that it is possible to have a profitable business working from home on a smaller scale…designers need to know that success and profitability can look a lot of different ways…this will be encouraging to a large number of designers. LOVE the real wedding examples. The designers are going to love this!”
And Blair of Sweet Blossoms says this:
“This class is perfect for anyone who is starting their own business, or for anyone who might need a refresher in the basics! Alison gives super-helpful tips and formulas on how to ensure that you are running your business with a really impressive profit margin. Users will appreciate the personal touch that Alison brings to each unit, as well as the real life examples that bring the lessons to life. This class is worth every penny and more!”
Floriography’s Christie McIntosh says:
“This course is like the missing subject in my initial floristry training course. Where my course skimmed over business details, Alison’s Flower Math bares all to give budding floral designers a completely transparent view of how to make money from their craft. If you haven’t had the chance to learn on the job from a ‘professional’, in a shop, or if you aren’t comfortable reaching out to a peer to ask the deep questions, this course is your answer. Alison spells it out, not only through concise videos, but also through a series of written lessons and cheat sheets. Nothing can be mistaken as she actually shares real weddings from start to finish – recipes, flower orders and invoices – removing the mystery from the game.
I’m Australian based and although this course is from the US, I feel it’s entirely relevant to our local market. If you’re worried about spending the money on this course, consider it the missing subject to your initial training, it’s a small price to pay for the huge benefit your business will receive.”
And Shannon of Flourish said:
“Loving Flower Math. I already knew how to mark up based on the “flower shop technique” but I felt like I was all over the place and not focused about how I was pricing my work. I love that I now have it all in one place I can refer to and utilize. Now I also feel like it is taking the guilt out of pricing flowers (I couldn’t charge THAT much for a hydrangea!). I can just tell myself, “According to the Flower Math that is what I need to charge!” “
Still not sure if Flower Math is right for you? Let’s chat!
Shoot me an e-mail any time and we can arrange a quick call: firstname.lastname@example.org
Earnings Disclaimer: Flower Math is not a “get rich” program. Professional floristry requires hard work, building upon professional design skills, developing relationships in the community, providing value to clients, and serving others with excellence and integrity. By following the industry standard formulas as taught in Flower Math, florists routinely attain 70% profit margins on the cost of flowers and supplies, however, your total profits will be based on what you spend “above and beyond” the cost of flowers and supplies. Makes sense, right? Rent, utilities, employee payroll…that all comes out of the profit you make on flowers, supplies, and services you sell. As stipulated by law, Fresh Event Design, LLC can not and does not make any guarantees about your ability to earn any money with your business–your results in life are up to you. Always remember the Flower Math motto: It doesn’t matter what you charge, if you overbuy! We feel transparency is important, and we hold ourselves (and you) to an incredibly high standard of integrity. That’s why you can always contact Alison with any questions. Thanks for being here. Keep doing beautiful work.