February 28th is National Floral Design Day so it feels serendipitous that I’m a guest on The Flower Podcast today! You can listen below or Click Here to find it on The Flower Podcast blog. You can also find it wherever you get your podcasts.
- Scott and I talked about pricing, setting boundaries and some of the most frequent questions I’m getting lately around “educating clients” and the sales process.
- I also shared one of the biggest “messaging mistakes” florists are making around pricing.
I am a huge fan of The Flower Podcast. Not only have I been a guest a few times now, but I have probably listened to almost every episode. As a true flower aficionado, Scott asks interesting questions through a flower lover’s lens that always feel enlightened, educational and inspired. The floral industry gets so much value from The Flower Podcast, that Real Flower Business will be a sponsor this season to show my support.
I hope you’ll make some time to tune in today and I’d love to hear your feedback or takeaways from the episode.
How do florists celebrate National Floral Design Day?
In honor of National Floral Design Day you could…
- Make something beautiful in your shop that’s slightly out of the ordinary and put it in the cooler to see if it sells. Emphasize design principles in your piece such as line, color, pattern, repetition, balance, and scale.
- Ask for (or offer) a critique of a recent design. Only engage in critiques with trained florists who can offer helpful insight–not just anyone should criticize your design work.
- Order a copy of Black Flora by Teresa J. Speight to celebrate these talented florists and farmers.
- Share a post on social media about what you love about floral design and the work you do to acknowledge the day.
- And, listen to my newest episode with Scott on The Flower Podcast, of course!
Thanks for making time to stop by my website and listen this new episode.
If you ever want to say hi or ask a question I’d love to hear from you.
Keep doing beautiful work, Floralpreneur®!