As a floral educator, it’s always an honor to be invited to speak with floral industry professionals.
My appearances with Yvonne on Mornings With Mayesh are a few of my favorite live Q&A’s and you’ll find all 3 of my guest appearances in this post!
I’ve had some great opportunities to appear as a guest on other people’s podcasts, blogs and web shows that are worth highlighting over the next few weeks PLUS I’ll be on 2 stages in March and April where you can connect with me live (see below).
Last week I was the featured guest on The Flower Podcast and then, Scott was a guest in my Facebook group (click here to check out our live chat).
Next up, I’ll be teaching live and in person in March in Minneapolis at Koehler & Dramm. Click here for details and to sign up today!
Then, I’ll be in Portland, Maine, April 4-5th teaching at The Floral Collaborative. Click here for details and contact Katey to sign up!
Now, onto the Mornings With Mayesh Mashup….
A few notes and questions covered in our most recent chat include:
- If a customer “must have it”, then they must be willing to pay for it.
- Industry standards have variation built into them. Once you know the standards you can customize your pricing model to work for your business.
- How much should you charge for your markup and design fee?
- Selling a wedding Pre-Pinterest vs. Post-Pinterest.
- Should you itemize a wedding quote?
Click to watch here:
Grab my free eBook: Everything I Wish I Knew Before I Started My Business HERE.
Click below to watch my April 2019 chat where we address:
- Should you set a minimum on weddings?
- Do you price anything different with a hand tied vs a vase arrangement?
- How to make sure you’re not undercharging your clients
- How to charge clients appropriately
- Do you mark up high-end flowers like peonies the same as you do a carnation to keep your margins? If you do, how do you use peonies and ranunculus in everyday arrangements? Sparingly?
- Should you charge a different markup on rentals, vases, and labor?
Find a full transcript and additional show notes on the Mayesh website here: https://blog.mayesh.com/mwm-alison-ellis-talks-pricing
And in my very first appearance in April 2018 we talked about:
- Writing prompt proposals.
- Why should florists have a minimum?
- Should florists do free mock-ups?
- Why I took my minimum off my website.
- What equipment do you need to start your floral business?
Thanks so much for taking the time to tune in and watch!
Feel free to shoot me a message any time if you have questions for me. I may answer the live in one of my Tuesday Q&A’s on Facebook.