This video is in response to a burning question I received: How do you handle stamina and burnout?
Short answer: The struggle is real!
Every florist who puts their heart and soul into their work MUST confront the stressful-side of this business.
Do you struggle with burnout and stress in your business?
Ever wonder, “how long can I keep up this pace?”
Busy is great, but too busy is NOT always great.
One floralpreneur wrote to say, “My business is growing, but I feel like I’m drowning….”
Sound familiar? Yeah, me, too. But if you LOVE working with flowers and creating wedding designs and making dreams come true…..well, stress comes with the territory.
Click to watch a replay of my live chat from my Facebook group:
Note: About 28 minutes into this live chat I share some details about my $15,000 weekend…..was it worth it?
The pressure can be scary and you’re not imagining the extreme pressure involved in being a florist.
The stress level often relates to your resources.
You may not have enough work space, or enough help, or enough work!…..
We must be willing to adapt. It takes a special kind of person to handle the responsibility and some people are not cut out for the stress.
BUT if you’re willing to “do what it takes” you can succeed. You set the goals for your biz.
I started my floral design business out of necessity. I lost my job and knew I had to find my own work from that point on.
This may be “one of your professions” or it may be your only profession, like me!….I’m a lifer.
Profitable, successful, happy, loving my business…those are my goals. If your business is making you miserable, something’s gotta change!
5 Tips to combat stress and burnout:
- Stop comparing. Don’t get jealous.
- Plan better. What are the steps you need to take.
- Set expectations for the client so it’s clear what the relation ship; when have you delivered what you promised?
- Follow through. Meet expectations. That’s your job. Stamina is related to the follow though. You’ve gotta love it enough to always follow through. Making enough money helps to justify the stress level by the way! You’re getting paid for everything leading up to the wedding day, too, not just the flowers!
- Have faith. “Faith is experiential.” The more experience, the easier it is to wade through the stress and burnout of uncertainty.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by stress, especially when you’re newer to the biz….
But stress and overwhelm isn’t reserved for “newbies”….even experienced florists feel the weight.
When the calendar’s not booked, it’s stressful!
If you can draw upon experience, you can maintain faith–
not blind faith–faith with a plan.
How can you make space for more stamina?
I don’t want to burnout.
I’m in this for life!
There’s an ebb and flow in business and in life.
Sometimes we need to schedule and plan for some slower time.
The rush and adrenaline and thrill of delivering a bridal bouquet and putting it in the hands of a happy client, that’s what it’s all about.
Thanks for reading and taking some time to watch!
Want to catch my next livestream?
Join my FREE Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RealFlowersBusiness