- Scott and I talked about pricing, setting boundaries and some of the most frequent questions I’m getting lately around “educating clients” and the sales process.
- I also shared one of the biggest “messaging mistakes” florists are making around pricing.
How do florists celebrate National Floral Design Day?
- Make something beautiful in your shop that’s slightly out of the ordinary and put it in the cooler to see if it sells. Emphasize design principles in your piece such as line, color, pattern, repetition, balance, and scale.
- Ask for (or offer) a critique of a recent design. Only engage in critiques with trained florists who can offer helpful insight–not just anyone should criticize your design work.
- Order a copy of Black Flora by Teresa J. Speight to celebrate these talented florists and farmers.
- Share a post on social media about what you love about floral design and the work you do to acknowledge the day.
- And, listen to my newest episode with Scott on The Flower Podcast, of course!