Did you catch my appearance on The Flower Podcast this week?
Scott and I had such a good time talking shop that we decided to keep the good times rolling!
I invited him to join me in my Facebook group for my first Tuesday Q&A with a guest! Scott was a great guest as I knew he could shed some light on a topic that many florists struggle with: How To Deal With Wholesalers.
You can click to watch and make sure to subscribe to The Flower Podcast to follow along with the content he’ll be creating this year.
A Few Takeaways….
You may have noticed me taking notes in the video replay. Scott dropped some serious wholesaler knowledge on us and I for one appreciate his point of view and insider insight. I wrote down a few points I think should not be missed….
6 Tips For Dealing With Floral Wholesalers:
- When you have to ask for a credit, think of it like a “loaf of bread”. Is the whole loaf damaged? or is it just a few slices?
- Whose fault is it? Is it the grower’s fault? The delivery driver? Your own handling after receiving product?
- Choose your battles. For example, on a $1,000 floral order, it’s probably not worth the time to complain about “a few slices of bread”, but if you have a problem with an entire bunch or several partial bunches your wholesaler will probably work with you on a reasonable solution.
- Sometimes you have to simply blame it on the flowers! Poppies or white anemones, for example, may simply be harder to guarantee that every single stem will be viable.
- If your rep doesn’t connect with you, it may be time to move on. Don’t let a wholesale rep drag your business down.
- Consider proving Mood Boards to your wholesaler to show the overall palette or floral varieties that your customer is expecting. They should collaborate with you.
Your wholesaler is there 52 weeks a year for you; even when the seasonal availability fades your wholesaler is there.
I want to give a HUGE thanks to Scott for sharing your knowledge so generously with my Floralpreneur® Community and I look forward to talking with you again soon!
And thanks to YOU for taking time to tune in and watch!
If you want to get more of my tips on the 3 Keys To Booking Great Clients click HERE to check out my Patreon Membership Site!