As a floral educator, it’s always an honor to be invited to speak with floral industry professionals.
My appearances with Yvonne on Mornings With Mayesh are some of my favorite live Q&A’s and you’ll find all of my guest appearances in this post!
I originally shared these appearances in February 2020, but I’m updating the post include 2 appearances from 2020 as well!
Here’s my Mornings with Mayesh Mashup!
Click below to watch our most recent chat where we talked about my new book, Falling Into Flowers!
Click below to watch our May 2020 chat where we tackled the subject of websites!
Find out why you need a website, how to improve your current site, and how to get this important tool working for you day and night!
Find a full transcript and additional show notes on the Mayesh website here: https://blog.mayesh.com/mwm-websites-for-florists
Click below to watch our September 2019 chat where we address:
- If a customer “must have it”, then they must be willing to pay for it.
- Industry standards have variation built into them. Once you know the standards you can customize your pricing model to work for your business.
- How much should you charge for your markup and design fee?
- Selling a wedding Pre-Pinterest vs. Post-Pinterest.
- Should you itemize a wedding quote?
Grab my free eBook: Everything I Wish I Knew Before I Started My Business HERE.
Click below to watch our April 2019 chat where we address:
- Should you set a minimum on weddings?
- Do you price anything different with a hand tied vs a vase arrangement?
- How to make sure you’re not undercharging your clients
- How to charge clients appropriately
- Do you mark up high-end flowers like peonies the same as you do a carnation to keep your margins? If you do, how do you use peonies and ranunculus in everyday arrangements? Sparingly?
- Should you charge a different markup on rentals, vases, and labor?
Find a full transcript and additional show notes on the Mayesh website here: https://blog.mayesh.com/mwm-alison-ellis-talks-pricing
And in my very first appearance in April 2018 we talked about:
- Writing prompt proposals.
- Why should florists have a minimum?
- Should florists do free mock-ups?
- Why I took my minimum off my website.
- What equipment do you need to start your floral business?
Thanks so much for taking the time to tune in and watch!
Feel free to shoot me a message any time if you have questions for me. I may answer the live in one of my Tuesday Q&A’s on Facebook.
I’ve had some great opportunities to appear as a guest on other people’s podcasts, blogs and web shows that are worth highlighting over the next few weeks PLUS I’ll be on 2 stages in March and April where you can connect with me live (see below).
Appearances in 2020:
Last week I was the featured guest on The Flower Podcast and then, Scott was a guest in my Facebook group (click here to check out our live chat).
Next up, I’ll be teaching live and in person in March 2020 in Minneapolis at Koehler & Dramm. Click here for details and to sign up today!
Then, I’ll be in Portland, Maine, April 4-5th teaching at The Floral Collaborative. Click here for details and contact Katey to sign up!