I am happy to share my first podcast interview with Gina of From The Ground Up Floral. When she invited me on, I was an immediate yes….I love talking to florists about business so this was a fun opportunity for me. I hope you’ll take a few minutes to check it out! You can listen right HERE.
Here are some of the topics we talk about in our chat:
- How I got started in the floral industry;
- How do you make money as a home-based floral business?;
- Industry standards on pricing;
- Lessons from my best-worst boss;
- A misconception I used to have about “ideal clients”;
- The Art of Good Business (my online branding and biz building course);
- Gina mentions that one of her favorite videos about the consequences of “adding one extra rose” (see below);
- Should a newer designer charge less?;
- Quoting on the spot;
- Why grocery stores are losing out by not using Flower Math!
You can find the podcast on iTunes. Look for “From the ground up floral podcast” and subscribe to future episodes as well! I hope you’ll make some time to listen here: http://www.fromthegroundupfloral.com/podcast/archives/2017/9-2
Here’s the video mentioned in our interview:
Thanks to Gina for inviting me to your podcast!
Floralpreneurs sometimes ask me if I’ll ever do a podcast and while I have no plans to start my own podcast, you can find me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!